2008. július 4., péntek

Fogo



Fogo is a stratovolcano capped by the Cha caldera. The caldera is about 5 miles (8 km) in diameter.The east half of the caldera is defined by the Bordeira scarp. The caldera is open on the east and directs lava flows in that direction.Fogo has erupted ten times between 1500 and 1995. Most eruptions are from flank vents and include moderate explosions.Most eruptions also produce lava flows. Most eruptions cause damage but only the 1847 caused fatalities.Fogo meaning fire in Portuguese is a volcanic island in the Sotavento group of Cape Verde.Fogo stands out the most from the group, rising to almost 3,000 m (10,000 ft) above sea level at Mount Fogo.A very violent eruption took place in 1680. Mount Fogo was visible over hundreds of kilometres and lasted for a couple of years.It was then that the island earned its name.

1 megjegyzés:

Dr Purva Pius írta...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.